Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back to farming

Now back to the farm---

 
Current Garden September 23 2012
This picture shows the pumpkin vines in the front with the radishes planted within it.
There is also lettuce, okra, broccoli. tomatoes, and peppers.


This is from the other end of the garden with the pepper plants in the bottom of the picture and the cucumbers and beans are to the left of the picture growing up the trellis.
 
I am really enjoying the garden.  The weeds tend to get out of control by the weekend.  But I hope I am doing everything alright.

The issue that I am currently having is since we are getting so much rain.  It seems it storms every other night.  The soil in the garden keeps washing away.  My plants, although I tried to mound them up, seem to be a little unstable.  I replanted the tomato plants to put them deeper in the ground but I can't seem to figure out what is happening to all the dirt.  So if anyone has a suggestion that would be great.

Although I have been a little worried..... this is all worth it.  Our first family harvest.








Dinner tonight!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a wood edging border around the perimeter, buried an inch or so.

    ReplyDelete