Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's for dinner

We have been getting about 10 Okra a week.  I think our plants may be done.  I have to do some research.  I save them up and then make fried okra for dinner.  The boys love it.

This is the bucket of micro greens that have been growing very well.  It looks a little weak because I just pick a bunch for dinner.  It is coming back though.

These are the other lettuce plants.  We have been having salad everynight.  Can't wait to get some tomatos to go in the salad.  We also have some peppers coming I have picked two or three but I think I picked them too early. 

This is the bucket of spinach.  Again I took this after I picked some for dinner.  This is the best spinach I have ever had.  We had it cooked in pasta one night and have had it in salad the last two nights.  I have planted two more buckets but plan to plant more. 


The garden seems to be growing well.  The buckets for the lettuce and spinach are working out great because it helps keep too much dirt from getting on the leaves. 

The buckets that I used we purchased from Firehouse Subs for a couple bucks.  They each had a lid.  I cut each bucket in half and then drilled holes in the lid and the bottom.  This created two planting buckets.  I filled each bucket with a mixture of topsoil and cow manure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment