Monday, October 8, 2012

Whats growing in the garden

So far we have gotten two cucumbers our of the garden and plenty of lettuce.

I have destroyed my cucumber plants by weeding around them.  I think I moved the vines too much and by allowing them to grow on the same trellis as the green beans I have damaged the green bean crop as well.

It is definitely a learning process


Here are some recent pictures

First cucumber
 
Lettuce for our dinner salad... was awesome!!!
Had another salad for dinner tonight.

Lettuce plants after I pulled off the bottom leaves, then I put the stakes in and twisty tied the plants to them.  I found these green garden stakes at Lowes for $5.50 for 25 of them.  I have been looking for a week for something like this I don't know how I missed them.
Eggplant looking healthy.   I think I need to stake these plants

Lettuce plant.  I picked the leaves from the bottom and worked my way up the stalk.

This is the structure I built to see if the peas growing will climb up.  Underneath the peas is a row of micro greens that I cut with a kitchen scissor and put in the salads.

These are the first peppers growing on one of the 8 pepper plants I have.  I can't wait, almost as exciting as eggs.

These are the first showing of tomatoes in the garden.  This is the cherry tomato bush growing every which way.  These will be a great addition to the dinner salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment